Technical Information Plastic
A high-quality special lacquer, developped for plastic parts. Best adhesion without a special primer. Available in 6 popular original plastic shades.
For the painting of hard plastics at the car in original plastic shades. Suitable for use on the following hard plastics:
- Polyurethane (PUR)
- Polystyrene (PS)
- Polyamide (PA)
- Polypropylene rubber, modified (EPDM)
- Acrylic butadiene styrene plastics (ABS)
- Glass-fibre reinforced plastics (GfK)
- Hard polyvinyl chloride (Hart-PVC)
Proper cleaning of plastic parts improves the adhesion of the lacquer. We recommend to use DUPLI-COLOR Plastic Cleaner Art.Nr. 386343 before lacquering.
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: nitro-combi
- Colour: diverse
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
glossy: 80 gloss units
matt: 10-15 gloss units
Depending on consistence and color of the ground:
400 ml are sufficient for approx. 1.0 m²
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after approx. 10 minutes
Dry to touch: after approx. 30 minutes
Cured: after approx. 2 hours
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and thickness of the applied coat.
- Storage stability:
10 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
- Size: aerosol cans, maximum nominal volume 400 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
The most DUPLI-COLOR spray paints have a so-called no-spray ring or a tamper-proof cap. This is to avoid unauthorized use. Please see the corresponding advises on the cap or on the label.
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
- Clean the surface, it has to be absolutely free from fat, wax and dirt.
- Remainders of polish or other car care products will have a negative influence on the adhesion.
- If necessary (scratches, damages etc.) sand the surface, eventually fill with putty and prime with structure spray.
- Before use, shake can vigorously for at least 2 minutes after you hear the noise of the mixing balls.
- Test spray at an invisible spot.
- Apply several thin cross-coats from a distance of 25 cm. Let lift off for 5 minutes after every coat.
- Do not spray over synthetic paints!
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist. When painting small areas it is recommended that a piece of card is used as a mask, with a hole cut in it slightly larger than the area to be sprayed. The mask should be held 1 to 2 cm from the surface. With this method, the mainly part of the spray mist is brought under control. It recommends to mask parts not to be lacquered, to protect the surrounding against the spray mist.
The aerosol can should have room temperature.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of December 1, 2009
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.