Technical Information Transparent
Transparent-Spray is suitable for application on numerous transparent objects, which you want to give colour, while you want to keep the transparency resp. the structure of the ground. Examples: glass, transparent coatable plastics, wood, lamps, bulbs, metals etc.
The use on motor vehicles in the area of lightening and windows is in many countries not allowed!
Not suitable for use on polycarbonate!
Plastic parts have to be primed with DUPLI-COLOR Tuning Plastic Primer art.no. 327292!
Quality and properties
- High-grade nitro-combi quality
- Transparent; the structure of the ground remains visible after coating
- Durable gloss
- Excellent adhesion
- Good flow, smooth surface
- Very good colour retention (light-proof, non-yellowing)
- Scratch-, shock- and impact-resistant
- High surface hardness and good elasticiy
- Smooth, dirt-resistant surface
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: nitro-combi
- Colour: colour-specific
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
glossy: 80-85 gloss units
Depending on consistence and color of the ground:
150 ml are sufficient for approx. 0.5 m²
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after approx. 10 minutes
Dry to touch: after approx. 50 minutes
Can be worked over: after approx. 1 hour
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and thickness of the applied coat.
- Temperature-resistant: up to 80°C
- Storage stability:
Aerosols: 10 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
- Size: aerosol cans, maximum nominal volume 150 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
The most DUPLI-COLOR spray paints have a so-called no-spray ring or a tamper-proof cap. This is to avoid unauthorized use. Please see the corresponding advises on the cap or on the label.
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
- Prime plastic parts with the colourless DUPLI-COLOR Tuning Plastic Primer.
- The surface has to be clean, dry and free from fat.
- Protect surrounding area from spray mist!
- Before use, shake the can vigorously for 3 minutes.
- The spray distance should be approx. 20-30 cm.
- Spray several thin coats in 3 - 5 minute intervals onto the dry repair spot, till the desired effect is achieved.
- Before lacquering lightening bulbs you should make a test, as the adhesion cannot be granted up to every temperature level.
- Do not spray over synthetic paints!
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
|TRANSPARENT black 150||150 ml||430213|
|TRANSPARENT blue 150||150 ml||648892|
|TRANSPARENT green 150||150 ml||648885|
|TRANSPARENT orange 150||150 ml||674013|
|TRANSPARENT red 150||150 ml||648908|
|TRANSPARENT yellow 150||150 ml||647291|
* no color identification possible
The presentation of colors may deviate from the original color.
For printing of the order information please press "printing preview/further products".
Examples for use
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of February 13, 2014
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.