Technical Information Diamond
Brillant sparkling glitterlook for high-value designs, for example on consoles or door coverings.
Degree of gloss and effect highly depend from coat thickness and from colour of the ground.
Suitable for glass, ceramics, stone, metal and all surfaces, which are painted with acrylic or nitro-combi lacquers. Also for wood (primed or painted); limited suitable on carton, paper and coatable plastics.
For weather-resistance, a protective clear coat is indispensable (e.g. DUPLI-COLOR Tuning Clear Lacquer art.no. 191671 or DUPLI-COLOR 2-Coat Clear Lacquer art.no. 191695).
Quality and properties
- High-grade nitro-combi quality
- Excellent adhesion
- Good flow, smooth surface
- Suitable for lacquering and repairing indoors and outdoors objects
- resistant to wiping
- Weather-resistant, light-proof, UV-resistant
- Scratch-, shock- and impact-resistant
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: Nitro-combi
- Colour: diverse
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
not measurable, due to rough surface
Depending on consistence and colour of the ground:
150 ml are sufficient for approx. 0.6 m²
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after approx. 10 minutes
Coatable with clear lacquer: after approx. 10 minutes
Cured after application of clear lacquer: after 24 hours
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and thickness of the applied coat.
- Temperature-resistant: up to 80°C
- Storage stability:
10 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
- Size: aerosol cans, maximum nominal volume 150 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
The most DUPLI-COLOR spray paints have a so-called no-spray ring or a tamper-proof cap. This is to avoid unauthorized use. Please see the corresponding advises on the cap or on the label.
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
- Remove flakes of old paint and rust.
- The ground has to be clean, dry and free from fat.
- Mask off areas not to be painted.
- If necessary prime DUPLI-COLOR Primer
- Before use, shake can for 3 minutes.
- Test spray at an invisible spot.
- Spray in 2 minute intervals several thin coats from a distance of approx. 25 cm.
- Do not spray over surfaces which are painted with synthetic resin lacquer!
- The Diamond-effect strongly depends from colour of the ground. The silver-transparent product is best on painted or coloured effects. The same effect you achieve with the covering products marine, gold or blue-black on not-painted objects.
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
|DIAMOND blue black 150||150 ml||665486|
|DIAMOND marine 150||150 ml||665257|
|DIAMOND silver transparent 150||150 ml||665332|
* no color identification possible
The presentation of colors may deviate from the original color.
For printing of the order information please press "printing preview/further products".
Examples for use
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of: January 16, 2015
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.