Technical Information Thermo Paint glossy
Black glossy, heat-resistant special spray paint; resistant up to 300°C.
Ideal to paint objects at the car around engines, exhaust mufflers, brake callipers etc., which are exposed to heat.
Also for application on chrome-plated surfaces.
Quality and properties
- Resistant to high heat up to 300°C
- Excellent adhesion
- Very good covering and filling properties
- Good flow, smooth surface
- Very weather-resistant
- Forms a high-grade protective coat, even without stoving
- Fuel-resistance will be achieved after stoving at 160°C for approx. 30 minutes. Hereby you have to reckon with formation of smoke and unpleasant odour. Care for sufficient ventilation.
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: silicone resin
- Colour: black glossy
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
Before stoving: glossy >80 gloss units
After stoving: approx. 30 - 40 gloss units
Depending on consistence and color of the ground:
400 ml are sufficient for approx. 1.0 - 1.2 m²
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after approx. 10 minutes
Non-sticky: after approx. 15 minutes
Dry to touch: after approx. 60 minutes
Can be exposed to temperature: after approx. 1 hour
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and thickness of the applied coat.
- Temperature-resistant: up to 300°C
- Storage stability:
Aerosols: 10 years, if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
- Size: aerosol cans, maximum nominal volume 400 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
The most DUPLI-COLOR spray paints have a so-called no-spray ring or a tamper-proof cap. This is to avoid unauthorized use. Please see the corresponding advises on the cap or on the label.
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
- Thoroughly sand resp. sandblast; the surface has to be blank to the bare metal!
- The ground has to be dry and free from dust and fat.
- Before use, shake can for at least 2 - 3 minutes.
- Apply 2 thin coats from a distance of approx. 25 cm. Let dry. Important: the thinner the paint coat, the better the temperature-resistance and the adhesion will be.
- No primer necessary. The best results will be achieved on bare metal!
- Stoving for approx. 30 minutes at 160 - 200°C is condition for curing and thus for the full resilience of the paint coat (fuel-resistance!). Hereby you have to reckon with formation of smoke and unpleasant odour. Care for sufficient ventilation.
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
|THERMO-PAINT black gl.300C 400||400 ml||383762|
* no color identification possible
The presentation of colors may deviate from the original color.
For printing of the order information please press "printing preview/further products".
Examples for use
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of August 30, 2013
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.