Technical Information SPRAYPLAST Aerosol
Change the surface design quickly with SPRAYPLAST strippable lacquer. You can very individually design the look of e.g. your rims or other objects and car parts. If you do not like the colour any more, simply peel off the film, which has been sprayed on before.
SPRAYPLAST is not just suitable to design your rims, but you can also apply it on blank metal, all 2K coatings, paintable hard plastics and on glass. Even the large-area painting of e.g. car parts is possible, if you apply a sufficient thick layer.
SPRAYPLAST is not suitable to paint headlights, rear lights or other surfaces of polycarbonate.
Depending on size and structure of the rim, the content of a single aerosol could be sufficient for up to 2 rims. Set-packaging contains 2 aerosol cans of 400 ml and an additional adjustable spray nozzle for wide-spread paintings as well as a pair of disposable gloves.
SPRAYPLAST is not just suitable to paint cars, but also objects of everyday's use and DIY.
We recommend to apply at least 5 coats.
Also availabe as of Gloss Finish and Neon colour: correct use see separate advices in the technical data sheet.
Quality and properties
- High-grade quality
- Protective coat against stone-chips, scratches, dirt, wetness
- Resistant to diluted acids, fats, oils
- Very good coverage
- Excellent adhesion on many materials such as metals, plastics (PP, PE, PVC), glass
- Not applicable on porous surfaces, e.g. wood, concrete, stone
- Good flow, smooth surface
- Suitable to paint indoor and outdoor objects
- Do not apply on 1K lacquers, but only on blank metals, 2K paintwork, original car paintwork.
- Very good resistant to customary cleaning agents (e.g. rim cleaner)
- Short-term resistant to car wash plants
- Not conducting, but not electrical isolating!
- Only coatable with SPRAYPLAST-products.
- Suitable for all smooth, not absorbent surfaces, e.g. metal, aluminium, paintable hard plastics which are non-sensitive to solvents.
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: rubber-like polymere
- Colour: miscellaneous
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
Gloss Finish: >80
Depending on consistence and colour of the ground:
400 ml are sufficient for 0.2 - 0.4 m² (if 5 layers are applied)
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after approx. 10 minutes
Dry to touch, peelable: after approx. 2 hours
Cured: after approx. 6-8 hours
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and thickness of the applied coat.
- Temperature-resistant: approx. 100°C
- Storage stability:
10 years, if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%), storage in the closed, original container. Store frost-free.
- Size: aerosol cans, maximal nominal volume 400 ml, as set with 2 cans of 400 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
The most DUPLI-COLOR spray paints have a so-called no-spray ring or a tamper-proof cap. This is to avoid unauthorized use. Please see the corresponding advises on the cap or on the label.
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
- The ground you want to treat has to be clean, dry and free from rust and fat as well as smooth and solvent-resistant.
- Do not paint on porous or rough surfaces. From smooth surfaces you can easily peel off the film afterwards.
- Do not prime!
- Mask the area wich you do not want to paint carefully with paper.
- Before application, the object which you want to paint, has to be cleaned thoroughly from fat, oil or silicone with a customery, not too sharp cleaning agent (e.g. presto 383328). Before painting with SPRAYPLAST clean the surface with SPRAYPLAST Cleaner art.no. 433351.
- Before use, shake the can thoroughly for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Test the spray at an unobstrusive spot; this makes sure that the can's contents has the desired colour, and that the surface is compatible with the paint.
- Spray crosswise layers from a distance of 25 cm. Apply a very thin layer first (do not try to get coverage immediately). Then apply at least 4 more layers of SPRAYPLAST.
- The more layers you apply, the better you can remove the foil afterwards.
- It is important to allow each layer to dry for approx. 10 minutes, before you apply the next coat. This way you can apply coat after coat.
- In case you wish a high-gloss surface, you can apply 1 cross-coat of the SPRAYPLAST Gloss Finish
Advices for the painting of rims:
- Carefully mask wheels and inner surface of the rim with e.g. paper. To fix the paper you can use customary masking tape.
- Remove the masking paper and tape immediately after painting the last layer.
- To avoid that the paint coat cracks, you should coat sufficiently thick in critical areas (e.g. angles and edges). Anyhow, you can easily repair cracks and damages in the film by applying a new coat of SPRAYPLAST.
Advices for the painting of Neon colours:
- It is necessary to have a white ground of SPRAYPLAST. Please apply 4 coats in white and one coat in the Neon colour.
Advices for the painting with Gloss Finish:
- You can use the Gloss Finish as final coat to give earlier painted matt or satin-gloss shades a high-gloss. In this case you have to apply 4 coats of colour shade and 1 coat of the Gloss Finish
- If you use Gloss Finish as a transparent high gloss protective coat, you have to apply 5 coats of the Gloss Finish.
- Approx. 6 - 8 hours after applying the last coat, the SPRAYPLAST is fully dry.
- The painted coat does resist very good to customary cleaning agents (SPRAYPLAST Cleaner art.no. 433351).
- It is also possible to clean the rims in the car wash plant.
- In case of steam-cleaning, keep a distance of at least 25 cm.
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
* no color identification possible
The presentation of colors may deviate from the original color.
For printing of the order information please press "printing preview/further products".
Examples for use
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of December 4, 2015
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.