Technical Information SPRAYPLAST for spray gun application
Change the surface design quickly with SPRAYPLAST strippable lacquer. You can very individually design the look of e.g. your rims or other objects or car parts. If you do not like the colour any more, simply peel off the film, which has been sprayed on before.
SPRAYPLAST is not just suitable to design your rims, but you can also apply it on blank metal, all 2K coatings, paintable hard plastics and on glass. Even the painting of e.g. car parts is possible, if you apply a sufficient thick layer.
SPRAYPLAST is not suitable to paint headlights, rear lights or other surfaces of polycarbonate.
We recommend to apply at least 5 coats.
Quality and properties
- Highgrade quality
- Protective coat against stone-chips, scratches, dirt, wetness
- Resistant to diluted acids, fats, oils
- Very good coverage
- Excellent adhesion on many materials such as metals, plastics (PP, PE, PVC), glass
- Not applicable on porous surfaces, e.g. wood, concrete, stone
- Good flow, smooth surface
- Suitable to paint indoor and outdoor objects
- Do not apply on 1K lacquers, but only on blank metals, 2K paintwork, original car paintwork.
- Very good resistant to customary cleaning agents (e.g. SPRAYPLAST Cleaner)
- Short-term resistant to car wash plants
- Not conductive, but not electrical isolating!
- Only coatable with SPRAYPLAST-products.
- Suitable for all smooth, not absorbent surfaces, e.g. metal, aluminium, paintable hard plastics which are non-sensitive to solvents.
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: rubber-like polymere
- Colour: black mat, black satin-gloss, white satin-gloss, Gloss Finish
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
matt: < 10 GE
satin gloss: >70 GE
Gloss Finish: >80 GE
For a high-gloss surface we recommend to re-paint with Gloss Finisch (4 coats of a SPRAYPLAST colour + 1 coat of Gloss Finish
- Efficiency if the paint is diluted 1:1 with thinner for use in the spraygun :
Depending on consistence and colour of the ground:
3 L are sufficient for approx. 2.3 - 2.5 m² (if 5 coats are applied)
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after approx. 10 minutes
Dry to touch/peelable: after approx. 2 hours
Cured: after approx. 6-8 hours
- Temperature-resistant: approx. 100°C
- Storage stability:
5 years, if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%), storage in the closed, original container. Store frost-free.
- Size: tin cans, volume 3 litres
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
- The ground you want to treat has to be clean, dry and free from rust and fat as well as smooth and solvent-resistant.
- Do not paint on porous or rough surfaces. From smooth surfaces you can easily peel off the film afterwards.
- We recommend to mask the wheel, resp. the object which you do not want to paint, carefully with e.g. paper.
- Before application, the object which you want to paint, has to be cleaned carefully from fat, oil or silicone with a customary, not too sharp cleaning agent (e.g. presto Wheel Cleaner 383328). Before painting with SPRAYPLAST clean the area to be painted carefully with SPRAYPLAST Cleaner art.no. 433351.
Application with a spray gun:
- Depending on outside temperatures und purpose of use you should use different solvents:
Solvent short: for paintings at 10-25°C or for smaller surfaces such as rims, mirrors, part paintings.
Solvent long: for paintings at more than 25°C or for painting bigger surfaces and whole vehicles.
- Always carefully stir the paint before use!
- Before use, dilute the lacquer with the SPRAYPLAST thinner in a 2 : 1 ratio.
- Prepare a max. quantity of 1.5 L ready mixed lacquer. Apply this within 20 - 30 minutes.
- We recommend to use spray nozzles 1.3mm. Pressure: 2,5 bar.
- Test the paint at an unobstrusive spot. This makes sure that the can's contents has the desired colour, and that the surface is compatible with the paint.
- Spray crosswise layers from a distance of 25 cm.
- Apply first a very thin layer. Then spray at least 4 further coats of SPRAYPLAST.
- It is important to allow each layer to dry for approx. 10 minutes, before you apply the next coat. This way you can apply coat after coat.
- If you wish a high-gloss surface, we recommend to apply 1 coat of SPRAYPLAST Gloss Finish.
- After application, thoroughly clean spray gun and tools with SPRAYPLAST Thinner.
- Consider recommendations of the spray gun producer.
- The applied lacquer is cured 6 - 8 hours after the last spraying pass.
Advices for the painting of rims:
- We recommend to dismantle the wheels before painting. Observe the instructions of the car manufacturer.
- Carefully mask wheels and inner surface of the rim with e.g. paper. To fix the paper you can use customary masking tape.
- Remove the masking paper and tape immediately after painting the last coat.
- To avoid that the paint coat cracks, you should coat sufficiently thick in critical areas (e.g. angles and edges). Anyhow, you can easily repair cracks and damages in the film by applying a new coat of SPRAYPLAST.
- The SPRAYPLAST is cured 6 - 8 hours after the last spraying pass.
- The painted coat does resist very good to customary cleaning agents (e.g. Wheel Cleaner).
- It is also possible to clean the rims in the car wash plant.
- In case of steam-cleaning keep a distance of at least 25 cm.
|SPRAYPLAST Gloss finish 3000||3 L||435751|
|SPRAYPLAST schwarz matt 3000||3 L||399541|
|SPRAYPLAST schwarz sdgl. 3000||3 L||399558|
|SPRAYPLAST weiss sdgl. 3000||3 L||399565|
* no color identification possible
The presentation of colors may deviate from the original color.
For printing of the order information please press "printing preview/further products".
Examples for use
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of January 21. 2016
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.