Technical Information Alkyton Repair Sprays
Quality lacquer in high-grade synthetic quality. Due to the possibility to repair scratches and paint damages on painted surfaces quickly and efficiently, this paint prevents the formation of damages by corrosion. Ideal to repair damages which arose during assembly and maintenance, but also for special applications on difficult to reach spots, e.g. in niches or on handrails.
For extensive paintings we recommend DUPLI-COLOR Alkyton Rust Protection brush paint.
Quality and properties
- High-grade synthetic lacquer
- Suitable to repair indoors and outdoors objects
- With especially good coverage and filling power
- Avoids the formation of corrosion
- Durable colour retention
- Very resistant to weathering, light-proof, UV-resistant
- Very good flow for smooth surfaces
- Excellent adhesion
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: Alkyd resin
- Colour: misc.
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss: measuring angle 60° after DIN 67530
High gloss shades: 85 – 95 gloss units
Satin matt shades: 30 – 35 gloss units
Matt shades: 10 – 15 gloss units
Iron Mica: not measurable due to rough surface
Depending on condition and colour of the ground, 150 ml are sufficient for approx. 0.5 - 0.8 m²
- Drying (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after 30 minutes (Iron Mica after 20 minutes)
Dry to touch: after approx. 4 hours (Iron Mica after 2 hours)
Cured/coatable: after 24 hours
The drying time depends of temperature of surroundings, air humidity and thickness of the applied layer.
- Temperature-resistance: up to 80°C
- Disposal: Put only empty cans into the recycling bin. Bring cans with remainders of paint to the special refuse disposal.
- Storage stability:
10 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity max. 60%).
- Contents: aerosol cans with max. nominal volume of 150 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
The most DUPLI-COLOR spray paints have a so-called no-spray ring or a tamper-proof cap. This is to avoid unauthorized use. Please see the corresponding advises on the cap or on the label.
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
Preparation of the ground:
- The surface has to be clean, dry and fat-free.
- Remove loose parts of old paint and rust, then slightly sand and prime.
- Let dry for 1 – 2 hours.
- Mask off areas not to be painted.
- Before use, shake can for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Test colour and compatibility of the lacquer at an inconspicuous spot.
- Spray from a distance of approx. 25 cm.
- Spray several thin coats in 2 minute intervals.
- Shake can from time to time to avoid sedimentation of the special pigments in the paint. This might cause colour divergences.
- Coatable within 2 hours or after 24 hours.
- Do not coat with acrylic paints, not even after curing!
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of July 5, 2018
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.