Technical Information Alkyton heat-resistant brush paint
Quality and properties
- Thinner for all Alkyton lacquers as well as other solvent-containing synthetic or chlorinated rubber paints.
- Slowly evaporating thinner for perfect paint coats
- Excellent cleaning power: removes paint splatters and colour stains.
- Do not use on synthetic material and painted surfaces!
Physical and chemical data
- Form: fluid
- Colour: clear, colourless
- Smell: solvent, characteristic
- Boiling point: 70-230°C
- Flash Point: >21°C
- Densitiy: 0,798 g/cm³
- Storage stability:
5 years from date of production in unopen can, if stored in dry, well ventilated areas, not in direct sunlight at temperatures between 5° and 35°C.
- Disposal: Put only empty can into the recycling bin. Bring cans with remainders of paint to the special refuse disposal.
- Content: 500 ml can
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
As cleaner: to clean up tools, paint splatters etc.
As thinner for Alkyton lacquers we recommend for application with:
- Brush: Up to 10 vol. % synthetic thinner; use natural bristles, long hair brushes.
- Roller: Up to 10 vol % synthetic thinner; use short nap, polyamide (Perlon) 6 – 12 mm rollers. Roller application may require 2 coats to achieve recommended dry film thickness.
- Spraygun: 10 - 25 vol. %: synthetic thinner
Gravity cup and pressure cup. Tip size: 1,0 - 1,5 mm.
Atomising pressure: 2 - 4 bar.
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of: 5th February 2014
This version replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.