Technical Information RUST STOP Hammerfinish
Active rust prevention by effective thick-film paint system in satin matt quality.
In the liquid-corrosion-inhibitor technology (LCI), a special system of integrated additives has been developed. These completely enclose the structures of the surface you want to paint and thus form a chemical connection. By this, the continuing oxidation stops and achieves a durable rust-protection. This rust protecting paint system combines 4 properties in 1 product:
1. Effective primer for perfect adhesion
2. Active rust protection by LCI technology
3. Highly covering spray paint
4. Sealant protecting from environmental influences
Adheres on nearly all surfaces, such as iron, blank and zinc-plated steel plates, copper, brass, aluminium (e.g. garden fences, gates, banisters, gardening tools etc.). Even applicable on tightly adhering rust and old paintings. Also applicable on wood, stone, GRP or glass.
Quality and properties
- High-grade nitro-combi quality
- Distinct hammerfinish covers small unevennesses in the surface
- Saves precious working time: no derusting and repeated lacquering
- Reduced cost, as no anti-rust products necessary
- Longlasting corrosion protection
- Very good flow
- High coverage and filling power
- High elasticity
- Shock-proof and impact resistant after drying
- Excellent adherence
- UV-resistant, non-yellowing
- Weather-resistant, waterproof
- Successfully tested in salt spray test over 500 hours
- Variable broad jet atomisation for horizontal or vertical spraying and a wide, proper spray pattern
Physikalische und chemische Daten
- Basis of the binder: Nitro-combi
- Colour: specific
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss: measuring angle 60° after DIN 67530
not measurable due to structured surface
Depending on condition and colour of the ground,
400 ml are sufficient for approx. 0.8 - 1.5 m²
- Drying (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after approx. 5 minutes
Dry to touch: after approx. 20 minutes
Cured/coatable: after approx. 60 minutes
The drying time depends of temperature of surroundings, air humidity and thickness of the applied layer.
- Temperature-resistance: up to 80°C
- Disposal: Put only empty cans into the recycling bin. Bring cans with remainders of paint to the special refuse disposal.
- Storage stability:
10 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity max. 60%).
- Contents: aerosol cans with max. nominal volume of 400 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
The most DUPLI-COLOR spray paints have a so-called no-spray ring or a tamper-proof cap. This is to avoid unauthorized use. Please see the corresponding advises on the cap or on the label.
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
- Lose Bestandteile auf trockenen, rostigen Metallflächen mit einer Drahtbürste entfernen.
- Auf glatten, blanken Metalloberflächen ist ein leichtes Anschleifen empfehlenswert.
- Der Untergrund muss sauber, trocken und fettfrei sein.
- Zur Verbesserung der Haftung empfehlen wir, Plastikteile mit DUPLI-COLOR Plastic Primer vorzubehandeln.
- Dose 3 Min. schütteln.
- An unauffälliger Stelle Probesprühen und auf Lackverträglichkeit prüfen.
- Nicht zu lackierende Flächen abkleben.
- Mehrere dünne Schichten sprühen.
- Sprühentfernung ca. 25 cm.
- Nicht auf Kunstharzlacke sprühen!
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist. When painting small areas it is recommended that a piece of card is used as a mask, with a hole cut in it slightly larger than the area to be sprayed. The mask should be held 1 to 2 cm from the surface. With this method, the mainly part of the spray mist is brought under control. It recommends to mask parts not to be lacquered, to protect the surrounding against the spray mist.
The aerosol can should have room temperature.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
|RUST STOP Hamm.anthrazit 400||400 ml||868382|
* no color identification possible
The presentation of colors may deviate from the original color.
For printing of the order information please press "printing preview/further products".
Examples for use
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of May 5, 2010
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.