Technical Information Butyl Sealing Tape
Sealing tape against water, dust and draughts.
Quality and properties
- Application fields: cars and caravans (mudguards, ornamental and door frames), houses (sealing skylights, skirting boards, gutters and window frames) and boats (seals between metal, wood and plastic)
- Durable elastic and wear-resistant material
- Can be drilled by machine
- Also suitable as a soft material for holes, corners and joints
Physical and chemical data
- Carrier: butyl
- Maximum temperature: 90°C
- Adhesive strength: 20 N/ 25 mm
- Shear strength: 1,2 kg/ cm²
- Thickness: 2,00 mm
Temperature: Between 0°C and +30°C.
Surface must be clean and free from dust and grease. Stored under appropriate conditions shelf life will be a minimum of 36 months.
* no color identification possible
The presentation of colors may deviate from the original color.
For printing of the order information please press "printing preview/further products".
Examples for use
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of August 14, 2014
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.