Technical Information Alu Wheel Paint
For lacquering and repair works in the most current aluminium shades, especially for alloy rims. With the colours arctic, argento, viper and quartz almost all usual colors of considerable rim manufacturers are covered.
Optimal adhesion of the lacquer you'll achieve by using MoTip Primer before lacquering.
To protect the metal pigments in the lacquer, we recommend to seal the metallic lacquer with MoTip 2-Coat Clear Lacquer.
Quality and properties
- High-grade, quick-drying acryl lacquer
- Good coverage
- Lasting gloss
- Good flow, smooth surface
- Excellent adhesion
- Weather-resistant, light-proof, UV-resistant (non-yellowing)
- Limited fuel-resistance
- Good colour- and gloss retention
- Hard surface, abrasion-resistant
- Resistant to petrol, chemicals and weather influences
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: nitro-comib
- Colour: div. aluminium shades
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
satin matt: 50 - 60 gloss units
glossy: 80 gloss units after coating with Clear Lacquer
Depending on consistence and color of the ground:
12 ml for small spots
150 ml are sufficient for approx. 0.5 m²
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after approx. 15 minutes
Dry to touch: after approx. 60 minutes
Dust-dry: after approx. 10 minutes
Dry to touch: after approx. 30 minutes
Cured: after approx. 24 hours
Coatable with 2-Coat Clear Lacquer: after approx. 30 minutes
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and thickness of the applied coat.
- Temperature-resistant: up to 80°C
- Storage stability:
touch-up pencils: 5 years, aerosol can: 10 years, , if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
maximum nominal volume:
touch-up pencils 12 ml
aerosol can 150 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
The most MoTip spray paints have a so-called no-spray ring or a tamper-proof cap. This is to avoid unauthorized use. Please see the corresponding advises on the cap or on the label.
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
Preparation of the ground:
- Carefully clean rims from dirt, fat and brake-dust.
- Treat existing pore rust with presto Deruster.
- The ground has to be sanded, clean, dry and fat-free.
- Mask off the rim edges with masking tape.
- Use paper to protect surrounding area from spray-dust.
- Prime with MoTip Primer.
- After drying, slightly sand (sanding paper grain P600)
- Before use, shake the can vigorously for 3 minutes.
- Test spray to check colour-matching.
- Spray several thin coats in 3 - 5 minute intervals from a distance of approx. 25 cm.
- After 30 minutes drying time, coat with MoTip 2-Coat Clear Lacquer to protect the metal pigments in the lacquer.
- Do not spray over synthetic paints!
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist. When painting small areas it is recommended that a piece of card is used as a mask, with a hole cut in it slightly larger than the area to be sprayed. The mask should be held 1 to 2 cm from the surface. With this method, the mainly part of the spray mist is brought under control. It recommends to mask parts not to be lacquered, to protect the surrounding against the spray mist.
The aerosol can should have room temperature.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
|Motip Tun. Wheelr. Argento 150||150 ml||06020|
|Motip Tun. Wheelre. Arctic 150||150 ml||06022|
|Motip Tun. Wheelre. Quartz 150||150 ml||06023|
|Motip Tun. Wheelrep. Viper 150||150 ml||06021|
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of: April 17, 2015
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.