Technical Information Brake Caliper Set
Quality and properties
Break Caliper Cleaner Spray
- Special metal-friendly solvent mixture
- Removes oil, grease, dirt and lubricant from brakes completely.
- Also for use on engines, pumps, lines etc.
- Resistant to corrosion and chemicals
Brake Caliper Paint + Hardener
- High-grade 2-component acrylic lacquer + hardener
- Free of lead
- Durable gloss
- Excellent adherence and covering power
- Dirt-resistant by hard and even surface
Physical and chemical data
Brake Caliper Cleaner Spray: solvent-mixture
Brake Caliper Paint + Hardener: acrylic lacquer on 2k-basis
- Colour: diverse
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
gloss: 80 gloss units
Depending on consistence and colour of the ground the set is sufficient for 4 brake calipers
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
After 2 hours hardening time brake linings andwheels can be mounted again. Bit the vehicle should be moved earliest after 24 hours.
The varnish reaches the final hardness after 7days.
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and thickness of the applied layer.
- Temperature-resistant: up to 140°C
- Storage stability:
paint/hardener: max. 2 years in the unopened original container, if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
- Contents of the set:
Brake Caliper Cleaner Spray: aerosol with 400 ml nominal volume
Tin with 150 ml brush paint
Tube with 50 ml hardener
1 brush + 1 spatula
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
- Jack up car before dismantling the wheel in accordance with manufacturer regulation. Brake linings have to be removed, if the inside of the brake callipers is supposed to be painted.
- Carefully mask off the dust protection collars, rubber braking lines and threads of the exhaustor screw.
- Shake can vigorously for 2 minutes - also during application.
- Spray Brake Calliper Cleaner directly on the soiling. Spray on the surfaces to be treated evenly, then let surplus cleaner drip off.
- Treat obstinate soilings with a brush.
- Open can shortly before processing.
- After cleaning the brake callipers (let dry for 5 minutes) mix well the paint with the hardener in a 3 : 1 proportion. Wait 5 minutes, then stirr again thoroughly.
- Apply a thin, even coat by using a fine hair brush.
- Wait 15 minutes before applying a second coat.
- After 2 hours hardening time brake linings andwheels can be mounted again. The vehicle should be moved earliest after 24 hours. The varnish reaches the final hardness after 7days.
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of: February 8, 2010
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.