Technical Information Brake Caliper Spray
Sportive effect painting for brake calipers on all kinds of cars and motocycles. Especially effective in connection with sport rims.
For optimal preparation of your painting clean the brake calipers with Brake Cleaner. Then prime with MoTip Primer.
Quality and properties
- High-grade alkyd quality
- Free of lead
- Durable gloss
- Excellent adhesion
- Very good coverage
- Good corrosion prevention
- Hard surface, good elasticity
- Excellent colour retention (light-proof, non-yellowing)
- Dirt resistant due to very hard, smooth surface
- Resistant to petrol, chemicals and weather influences
- Not resistant to very aggressive chemicals, e.g. brake fluid
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: alkyd resin
- Colour: miscellaneous
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
glossy: 90 gloss units
Depending on consistence and color of the ground:
400 ml are sufficient for up to 4 brake calipers
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after approx. 10 minutes
Dry to touch: after approx. 30 minutes
Cured: after approx. 2 hours
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and thickness of the applied coat.
- Temperature-resistant: up to 110°C, peaks up to 150°C
- Storage stability:
10 years, if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
aerosol cans, maximum nominal volume 400 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
- Clean surface from fat and dirt, e.g. with MoTip Brake Cleaner Ord.No. 000563 and with the help of a brush.
- Protect from spray mist by masking off brake disc, brake pads and surrounding area.
- Paint can be sprayed directly on the brake caliper, but we recommend to use MoTip Primer for better adhesion.
- Before use, shake can for 3 minutes.
- Test spray at an invisible spot.
- Spray from a distance of 20 - 30 cm.
- Spray several thin coats in 3 - 5 minute intervals on the dry repair spot.
- Do not spray over surfaces which are painted with synthetic resin lacquer!
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist. When painting small areas it is recommended that a piece of card is used as a mask, with a hole cut in it slightly larger than the area to be sprayed. The mask should be held 1 to 2 cm from the surface. With this method, the mainly part of the spray mist is brought under control. It recommends to mask parts not to be lacquered, to protect the surrounding against the spray mist.
The aerosol can should have room temperature.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
|Motip Tun. Brake Cal. blue 400||400 ml||04099|
|Motip Tun. Brake Cal. red 400||400 ml||04098|
|Motip Tun. Brake Cal. yel. 400||400 ml||04097|
|Motip Tun. Brake Cal.silver400||400 ml||04096|
* no color identification possible
The presentation of colors may deviate from the original color.
For printing of the order information please press "printing preview/further products".
Examples for use
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of: February 17, 2011
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.