Technical Information Filler
Special primer for iron and steel sheet (car bodies). MoTip Filler is the perfect primer for small and bigger repairs with MoTip Kompakt.
With MoTip Filler you are able to prime and to fine-fill small dents, scratches and similar paint damages in one go.
Spots of rust should be treated beforehand with presto Rust Converter.
For sanding after drying we recommend presto wet-sandpapers grain 240 and grain 400.
Quality and properties
- Filling primer in nitro-combi quality
- Very high filling power
- Excellent adhesion
- Produces a cohesive surface
- Easy to sand
- Very easy to spray
- Produces a good protection against corrosion
- Good resistance against weathering
- Becomes very quick dry to touch and cured
- Can be painted with all lacquer systems
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: Nitro- combi resin
- Colour: beige
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss: (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
matt: 5-10 gloss units
Depending on consistence and color of the ground:
400 ml are sufficient for approx. 1.25-1.75 m²
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after approx. 5-10 minutes
Dry to touch: after approx. 20 minutes
Overworkable: after approx. 2 hours
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and thickness of the applied coat.
- Temperature resistance: not applicable
- Storage stability:
10 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
aerosol can, maximum nominal volume 400 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
- Before use, shake can for 2 minutes.
- Condition for a perfect paint repair is a careful preparation of the ground: spots of rust have to be pre-treated with Rust Converter, other bigger dents have to be sanded down to the blank metal and to be filled. After drying sand even with wet-sandpaper grain 240.
- In case of small dents, scratches or similar paint damages, the product is a primer and a filler in one product. Just slightly sand the damaged area with wet-sandpaper and then overspray it with MoTip Filler. If necessary, apply a second coat after 30 minutes.
- After drying (approx. 2 hours), sand with wet-sandpaper grain 600 and plenty of water in a circular motion. Also slightly sand the bordering paint surface, in order to achieve a smooth transition.
- After sanding, remove abrasive dust by washing and let surface dry.
- Then apply the final coat of MoTip Kompakt.
- Coatable with synthetic or acrylic lacquers; do not spray over synthethic paints.
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist. When painting small areas it is recommended that a piece of card is used as a mask, with a hole cut in it slightly larger than the area to be sprayed. The mask should be held 1 to 2 cm from the surface. With this method, the mainly part of the spray mist is brought under control. It recommends to mask parts not to be lacquered, to protect the surrounding against the spray mist.
The aerosol can should have room temperature.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
|Füller 400||400 ml||04064|
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of: February 8, 2010
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.