Technical Information Spray Putty
Quality and properties
- First-class acrylic spray putty
- Can be applied in several coats
- Excellent adhesion
- Especially high filling power
- Fast drying
- Easy to sand after a short drying time
- High coat thickness due to good stablity
- Good water-resistancet
- Easy to spray
- Excellent corrosion protection
- Good flow, smooth surface
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: acryl resin
- Colour: beige-grey
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
matt, 5-10 gloss units
Depending on consistence and color of the ground pass with 20mµ applied coat:
400 ml are sufficient for approx. 1.25 - 1.75 m²
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after approx. 5-10 minutes
Tack-free: after approx. 10-20 minutes
Overworkable: after approx. 2 hours
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and thickness of the applied coat.
- Temperature resistance: up to 110°C
- Storage stability:
10 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
aerosol cans, maximum nominal volume 400 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
- Remove dirt, fat and oil.
- Roughen resp. grind the ground with sandpaper grain 240 up to grain 400. Rough-grinded and filled areas have to be wet-sanded. Carefully remove abrasive dust.
- Test spray at an invisible spot.
- Shake the can vigorously for approx. 2 minutes.
- Spray from a distance of approx. 25 - 30 cm.
- Apply MoTip Spray Putty in several thin coats. Wait after every coat for 2 - 5 minutes and shake the can before every new spray procedure.
- After approx. 1 hour, depending on weather conditions, wet-sand with sandpaper grain 400 to grain 500. The thicker the coat, the longer the drying time.
- Continue structure of paintwork with MoTip Filler und MoTip Kompakt.
- Coatable with synthetic and acrylic lacquers.
- Do not spray over synthetic paints!
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist. When painting small areas it is recommended that a piece of card is used as a mask, with a hole cut in it slightly larger than the area to be sprayed. The mask should be held 1 to 2 cm from the surface. With this method, the mainly part of the spray mist is brought under control. It recommends to mask parts not to be lacquered, to protect the surrounding against the spray mist.
The aerosol can should have room temperature.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
|Spritzspachtel 400||400 ml||04062|
* no color identification possible
The presentation of colors may deviate from the original color.
For printing of the order information please press "printing preview/further products".
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of: June 27, 2014
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.