Technical Information Metallic Lacquer
MoTip Metallic Lacquer Spray gives you attractive metallic-look shiny surfaces. It is suitable for all types of surfaces e.g. metal, wood, stone, glass, ceramic, paper, cardboard and various plastics as well as for painting objects indoors and outdoors.
It is available in 8 popular metallic colours. Apply a topcoat with MoTip clear lacquer for additional protection and optimum metallic effect.
Quality and properties
- Top nitro-combi quality
- Very good coverage
- Continual shine
- Excellent adhesion
- Fast drying time
- Good flow, smooth surface
- Limited resistance to petrol
- Weatherproof once clear coated
- Very good colour fastness (light-fast, non-yellowing)
- Scratch, shock and impact proof
- Extremely hard surface combined with good elasticity.
- Can be polished once a MoTip clear lacquer topcoat has been applied.
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: nitro-combi quality
- Colour: diverse
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
glossy: 40-45 glossy units
Depending on consistence and colour of the ground:
400 ml are sufficient for approx. 1.3 m²
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after approx. 10 minutes
Dry to touch: after approx. 30 minutes
Coatable with 2-Coat Clear Lacquer: after approx. 30 minutes
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and thickness of the applied coat.
- Temperature-resistant: up to 80°C
- Storage stability:
10 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
aerosol can, maximum nominal volume 400 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
- Clean dirt and grease from surface, then remove rust.
- If necessary, treat rust with presto deruster.
- Fill and sand uneven surfacesIf filling is not required, spray with MoTip white primer.
- After drying, sand the object to be coated with 600-grit sandpaper.
- Shake the can well for 2 minutes before use.
- Keep a spraying distance of ca. 25-30 cm.
- Then spray several thin coats of the metallic lacquer on the dry surface at intervals of 3-5 minutes.
- Shake the can during the process to make sure the pigmentation is evenly distributed.
- Seal the top surface with a clear lacquer coat after drying for at least 30 minutes. Otherwise, the aluminium particles can be damaged by environmental and weather conditions.
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist. When painting small areas it is recommended that a piece of card is used as a mask, with a hole cut in it slightly larger than the area to be sprayed. The mask should be held 1 to 2 cm from the surface. With this method, the mainly part of the spray mist is brought under control. It recommends to mask parts not to be lacquered, to protect the surrounding against the spray mist.
The aerosol can should have room temperature.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of: February 8, 2010
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.