Technical Information Clear Varnish
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: Alkyd resin
- Colour: transparent
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
glossy: 85-90 gloss units
satin matt: 30-35 gloss units
Depending on consistence and color of the ground:
400 ml are sufficient for approx. 0.8 - 1.2 m²
depending on colour
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after approx. 30 minutes
Non-sticky: after approx. 4 hours
Cured: after approx. 24 hours
Coatable: within 2 hours or after approx. 24 hours
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and thickness of the applied coat.
- Temperature-resistant: up to 80°C
- Storage stability:
Aerosols: 10 years, if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
- Size: aerosol cans, maximum nominal volume 400 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
The most MoTip spray paints have a so-called no-spray ring or a tamper-proof cap. This is to avoid unauthorized use. Please see the corresponding advises on the cap or on the label.
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
Preparation of the ground
- The surface has to be clean, dry and free from fat.
- Remove residues of old paintings and rust, the sand and prime.
- Sand the surface (grain 600)
- The ground has to be clean, dry and free from fat.
- Bring the can to room temperature.
- Processing temperature during 15 - 25°C.
- Mask off the areas which are not to be painted.
- Before use, shake the can for 2 minutes.
- Test compatibility of the spray at an invisible spot.
- Spray from a distance of approx. 25 cm.
- Apply the clear coat in several thin coats.
- Shake the can during use from time to time.
- After use, turn the can upside down and spray to clean the valve.
- Do not overpaint with acrylic or nitro combi paints - not even after curing!
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist. When painting small areas it is recommended that a piece of card is used as a mask, with a hole cut in it slightly larger than the area to be sprayed. The mask should be held 1 to 2 cm from the surface. With this method, the mainly part of the spray mist is brought under control. It recommends to mask parts not to be lacquered, to protect the surrounding against the spray mist.
The aerosol can should have room temperature.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
|Colorworks Varnis Klarlack 400||400 ml||918572|
|Colorworks Varnish Highg. 400||400 ml||918570|
|Colorworks Varnish semimat 400||400 ml||918571|
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of: August 12, 2013
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.