Technical Information Chrome Lacquer
This is a brilliant effect spray that adds intense shine to matt surfaces. It is suitable for use on metal, wood, glass and numerous plastics and offers limited resistance to weather and smearing.
Quality and properties
- Top acrylic quality
- Colour similar to cap
- Good coverage
- Brilliant shine
- Excellent adhesion
- Fast drying time
- Good flow, smooth surface
- Not smear or weather proof!
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: Alkyd resin
- Colour: chrome
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
glossy, not measurable, >100
Depending on consistence and color of the ground:
400 ml are sufficient for approx. 1.25 - 1.75 m²
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after approx. 5 - 10 minutes
Tack-free: after approx. 4 hours
Cured: after approx. 24 hours
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and thickness of the applied coat.
- Temperature-resistant: up to 110°C
- Storage stability:
10 years, if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
aerosol can, maximum nominal volume 400 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
- The surface should be clean, dry and free of rust and grease.
- First sand old paintwork and coated parts, then prime and, once dry, sand smooth with 600-grit sandpaper.
- Treat very absorbent surfaces with MoTip primer, first.
- Shake can for 2 minutes before use.
- Keep spraying distance of ca. 25-30 cm.
- Spray thin coats of lacquer at intervals of 2 minutes.
- Important: It is not technically possible to maintain the brilliant shine over the long term. Covering it with clear varnish will dissolve the effect coat. The shine can be restored by re-spraying the surface when it has faded.
- Do not spray onto surfaces coated with synthetic resin.
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist. When painting small areas it is recommended that a piece of card is used as a mask, with a hole cut in it slightly larger than the area to be sprayed. The mask should be held 1 to 2 cm from the surface. With this method, the mainly part of the spray mist is brought under control. It recommends to mask parts not to be lacquered, to protect the surrounding against the spray mist.
The aerosol can should have room temperature.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
* no color identification possible
The presentation of colors may deviate from the original color.
For printing of the order information please press "printing preview/further products".
Examples for use
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of: February 8, 2010
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.