Technical Information Heat-resistant Clear Varnish
MoTip Heat-Resistant Clear Lacquer for treated and untreated surfaces exposed to very high temperatures. It is suitable for use on exhaust pipes, ovens and grills etc.
Quality and properties
- Temperature resistant to 800°C
- Brilliant shine
- Excellent adhesion
- Good flow, smooth surface
- Fast drying time
- Resistant to petrol, chemicals and effects of weather
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: silicone resin
- Colour: transparent
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
glossy: 85 gloss units
Depending on consistence and color of the ground:
400 ml are sufficient for approx. 1.25 m² - 1.75m²
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after 10-20 minutes
Temperature-resistant and resilient: after 1 more hour of tempering at approx. 160°C
up to 800°C
- Storage stability:
Aerosols: 10 years, if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
aerosol can with maximum nominal volume 400 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
Pre-treatment for Surface:
- Remove loose paint and rust, then sand
- The surface should be clean, dry and free of grease.
- Do not prime! Best results with bare metal.
- Cover area not to be coated with masking tape.
- Shake can for 2 minutes before use.
- Spray to test compatibility on an inconspicuous area.
- Spray several thin coats at intervals of 2 minutes.
- Keep a spraying distance of ca. 25-30 cm.
- Best painting results with a surrounding temperature of ca. 20°C.
- No primer necessary. The best results will be achieved on bare metal!
- Leave to dry for 1 hour.
- Heat after ca. 1 hour (160°C) for the lacquer to harden.
- The thinner the coat, the higher the heat resistance.
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist. When painting small areas it is recommended that a piece of card is used as a mask, with a hole cut in it slightly larger than the area to be sprayed. The mask should be held 1 to 2 cm from the surface. With this method, the mainly part of the spray mist is brought under control. It recommends to mask parts not to be lacquered, to protect the surrounding against the spray mist.
The aerosol can should have room temperature.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
|Hitzefest Klarlack 400||400 ml||04033|
* no color identification possible
The presentation of colors may deviate from the original color.
For printing of the order information please press "printing preview/further products".
Examples for use
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of: September 21, 2011
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.