Technical Information Metallic Lacquer
Use MoTip Metallic Lacquer Spray for a shiny surface with an attractive metallic look. It can be used on all types of surfaces e.g. metal, wood, stone, glass, ceramic, paper, cardboard and various plastics. It is suitable for painting objects indoors and outdoors.
It is available in 8 common metallic colours. Additional protection and maximum metallic effect can be achieved by top coating with MoTip clear lacquer.
Quality and properties
- Top nitro-combi quality
- Very good coverage
- Long-lasting shine
- Excellent adhesion
- Fast drying time
- Good flow, smooth surface
- Partially petrol resistant
- Weatherproof if top coated with clear lacquer
- Very good colour fastness (lightfast, no yellowing)
- Scratch, shock and impact resistant
- Very hard surface and, at the same time, good elasticity
- Can be polished once MoTip clear lacquer has been applied
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: nitro-combi quality
- Colour: diverse
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
glossy: 40-45 glossy units
Depending on consistence and colour of the ground:
400 ml are sufficient for approx. 1.3 m²
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after approx. 10 minutes
Dry to touch: after approx. 30 minutes
Coatable with 2-Coat Clear Lacquer: after approx. 30 minutes
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and thickness of the applied coat.
- Temperature-resistant: up to 80°C
- Storage stability:
10 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
aerosol can, maximum nominal volume 400 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
Pre-treatment for surface:
- Clean surface of dirt and grease, then remove rust.
- If necessary, treat existing pore rust with presto deruster.
- Fill uneven surfaces and sand. If no need to fill, then apply MoTip white primer.
- Once primer has dried, sand the painted object with 600-grit sandpaper.
- Shake can for 2 minutes before use.
- Keep spray distance of 25-30 cm.
- Then apply several thin coats to the dry metallic lacquer surface at intervals of 3-5 minutes.
- Shake the can from time to time during use to ensure the pigmentation is spread out evenly.
- Seal the lacquered surface with clear lacquer after at least 30 minutes. Otherwise the aluminium particles in the metallic lacquer can be damaged by environmental and weather conditions.
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist. When painting small areas it is recommended that a piece of card is used as a mask, with a hole cut in it slightly larger than the area to be sprayed. The mask should be held 1 to 2 cm from the surface. With this method, the mainly part of the spray mist is brought under control. It recommends to mask parts not to be lacquered, to protect the surrounding against the spray mist.
The aerosol can should have room temperature.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
* no color identification possible
The presentation of colors may deviate from the original color.
For printing of the order information please press "printing preview/further products".
Examples for use
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of: February 24, 2010
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.