Technical Information BOB Rust Sealing
presto BOB Sealing is a product for the preparation of rusted surfaces on the basis of moisture curing polyurethanes. Cures and isolates quickly, easily and safely all rusted surfaces.
The optimal basis for the subsequent priming with presto BOB Rust Protection Primer.
Quality and properties
- Quick, simple and safe application
- Hardens and isolates rusted surfaces
- Prevents further corrosion of the treated parts
- Surface remains slightly sticky
Physical and chemical data
- Basis: Moisture curing polyurethanes
- Colour: transparent, yellowish
- Smell: solvent
- Temperature resistance: up to 120°C
- Working temperature:
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
presto BOB Rust Protection Primer can be applied earliest after 8 hours, latest after 24 hours.
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and thickness of the applied coat.
Depending on consistence and color of the ground:
100 ml are sufficient for approx. 1.0 m²
250 ml are sufficient for approx. 2.5 m²
750 ml are sufficient for approx. 7.5 m²
- Storage stability:
36 months if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
- Size: tin cans with 100 ml, 250 ml and 750 ml contents
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
- Remove loose flakes of rust, subsurface rusted paints, dirt and fat.
- Generously apply the BOB Rust Sealing on dry or even on damp surface.
- Coat with presto BOB Rust Protection Primer earliest after 8 hours, but latest after 24 hours drying time, at best in 2 coats.
- Please consider: do not dilute the presto BOB Rust Sealing.
- Where appropriate, fill minor quantities in a smaller container to avoid that soiling or humidity let dry the material in the original can.
- Do not apply during temperatures lower than +15°C.
- Clean soilings immediately with an universal thinner.
|presto Rostversiegelung 100ml||100 ml||603710|
|presto Rostversiegelung 250ml||250 ml||603727|
|presto Rostversiegelung 750ml||750 ml||603734|
* no color identification possible
The presentation of colors may deviate from the original color.
For printing of the order information please press "printing preview/further products".
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of March 23, 2011
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.