Technical Information Rust Converter Spray
presto stop Rust Converter Spray is a rust converter and primer in one work step.
This rust restoration system on epoxy resin basis merges with the neutralized rust layer to a metallic-organic iron complex. This black, very compact protection layer builds the primer and is the basis for the subsequent, durable lacquer finish.
Excellently suitable for the restoration of vehicles, machines and all kinds of facilities.
Recommendation: our presto assortment offers the right putty for all purposes, e.g. the presto Body Filler for universal use.
Quality and properties
- Anti-corrosive, reliable rust protection and rust converter
- Rust emerges into a water-unsoluble, black, organic iron complex. This iron complex compound is stablized by a special epoxy resin, which protects the iron from external influences.
- Forms a perfect film
- Very good creeping
- Easy to spray on
- Compatible with all customary putties, fillers and lacquer finishes
- For use of 2-component lacquers we recommend a compatibility test
- Very good solvent-resistance
- Free of heavy metals and mineral acids
- No aggressive odour
Physical and chemical data
- Basis: expoxy resin
- Colour: amber
- Smell: solvent
Depending on consistence and colour of the ground
150 ml are sufficient for approx. 0.6 m²
400 ml are sufficient for approx. 1.6 m²
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry after approx. 1 hour
Coatable: earliest after 6 hours ("finger nail dry"!)
The drying time depends on temperature of surrounding area, air humidity and applied quantity.
- Thickness of dry coat: 40 - 50 mµ in 3 - 4 coats
- pH-value: 4 - 4.5 after DIN 53785
- Solid contents: approx. 16 % after DIN 53216
- Density: 0.9 kp/dm³ after DIN 53785
- Viscosity (25°C): approx. 37 centistokes
- Temperature resistance: permanet up to 80°C (short-term < 15 min 160°C)
- Storage stability:
10 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
Aerosol cans, max. nominal volume 150 ml resp. 400 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
The most presto spray paints have a so-called no-spray ring or a tamper-proof cap. This is to avoid unauthorized use. Please see the corresponding advises on the cap or on the label.
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the labels!
- Remove rust, fat, dirt as well as paint flakes which are infiltrated by corrosion; use a brush if necessary.
- Before use, shake the can for approx. 2 minutes.
- Apply 3 - 4 layers, depending of degree of corrosion.
- Spray from a distance of approx. 25 cm.
- Coatable after approx. 6 hours, depending on ambient temperature.
- Additional stoving makes the protective coat especially resistant to water-, saltwater and solvents. Let the sprayed coat dry for 15 minutes, then stove for 15 minutes at 160°C.
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist. When painting small areas it is recommended that a piece of card is used as a mask, with a hole cut in it slightly larger than the area to be sprayed. The mask should be held 1 to 2 cm from the surface. With this method, the mainly part of the spray mist is brought under control. It recommends to mask parts not to be lacquered, to protect the surrounding against the spray mist.
The aerosol can should have room temperature.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
|presto Rostumwandlerspray 150||150 ml||232992|
|presto Rostumwandlerspray 400||400 ml||289989|
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of June 24, 2014
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.