Technical Information Aluminium Filler
presto Aluminium Putty is a 2-component polyester filling putty as mixture of a medium-elastic, highly reactive, amino-preaccelerated polyester resin with different mineral, environment-friendly fillers and aluminium pigments.
Applicable as filling compound for car repair, engine construction and for hobby works. Everywhere, where a large-area spreading is desired. Surfaces like metal, wood, div. plastics and concrete are easy to fill in the desired layer thickness. To fill and level out holes and to stabilise flimsy spots.
For preparation and finishing your filling job, we recommend our presto sand papers. We offer a wide assortment of fine and coarse papers for dry and wet sanding.
Quality and properties
- Ease of working
- High elasticity
- Highly thixotropic, therefore very easy wide-spread and pore-free application
- Easy to sand
- Very good adherence
- Free of asbestos and silicone
- Short curing time
- Resistant to weak acids and bases, propellants, solvents, water and de-icing salt
Physical and chemical data
- Basis: polyester resin with mineral fillers and aluminium pigments
- Colour: grey
- Smell: styrol
- Consistence: soft, thixotropic, pasty
- Pot life / Working time at 20°C: approx. 4 - 5 minutes
- Working temperature: min. 12°C
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
can be sanded after approx. 20 - 30 minutes
- Flash point:
approx. 33°C (resin); not applicable for hardener
- Density at 20°C:
putty 1.75 g/cm³
hardener 1.15 g/cm³
- Addition of hardener: 2 - 4 % (optimal mixture 2,5 %)
- Temperature resistance of the cured material: 120°C
- Storage stability:
24 months if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%) in the unopened original container. Protect from direct sunlight, frost and humidity.
small ring tins; hardener: plastic tubes
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
- The object you wish to repair should be de-rusted, clean, dry, fat-free and sanded.
- Take the requested portion of putty compound out of the can and mix it well with the corresponding quantity of hardener.
- Apply the mixed material in the desired layer thickness.
- Clean tools immediately after use, if necessary with a nitro thinner.
- Do not return mixed material into the can.
- After approx. 20-30 minutes the repaired spot can be drilled, sanded, sawed, rasped and painted.
|presto Alu-Spachtel 1000g||1 KG||600375|
|presto Alu-Spachtel 250g||250 g||600351|
* no color identification possible
The presentation of colors may deviate from the original color.
For printing of the order information please press "printing preview/further products".
Examples for use
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of February 24, 2011
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.