Technical Information Hardener
The presto hardeners are suitable for all types of polyester putties. It is a benzoyl-peroxide paste. Self-discolouring.
Available in red and white.
Quality and properties
- Red, white: 50% benzoyl-peroxide paste
- Acts as catalyst for the polimerisation of unsaturated polyester resins, especially for the presto polyester putties and presto polyester resin
- Almost no smell
- Contains special softening agents for homogeneous compounds
- Grants more security for storage and for the use of peroxide
Physical and chemical data
- Basis: Benzoyl-peroxide
- Colour: red, white
- Smell: nearly no smel
- Consistence: creamy, pasty
- Temperatur resistance: after mixing of putty or resin with the hardener --> see data sheet of the corresponding putty or resin product
- Working temperature: +5°C - +30°C, best results during room temperature
- Density at 20°C: 1.15 g/cm³
- Storage stability:
2 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%) in the unopened original container. Protect from direct sunlight, frost and humidity.
plastic tubes with 8g, 12g, 25g, 50g, 70g contents
plastic tubes on blister-card with 25g and 50g contents
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
- The tube should have room temperature.
- Mix the hardener with either presto polyester putty or polyester resin in the ratio which is recommended on the label of that product.
- Continue working as mentioned on the label of the corresponding presto product.
Avoid contact with eyes and skin! In case of contact with eyes, carefully wash off with a 5 % solution of natrium-ascorbate rinse with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes. Observe material safety data sheet!
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist. When painting small areas it is recommended that a piece of card is used as a mask, with a hole cut in it slightly larger than the area to be sprayed. The mask should be held 1 to 2 cm from the surface. With this method, the mainly part of the spray mist is brought under control. It recommends to mask parts not to be lacquered, to protect the surrounding against the spray mist.
The aerosol can should have room temperature.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
* no color identification possible
The presentation of colors may deviate from the original color.
For printing of the order information please press "printing preview/further products".
Examples for use
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of July 24, 2012
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.