Technical Information Epoxy Filler
2-compontent, solvent-free epoxy fine putty for the use above water and especially underwater environment on all customary boatbuilding materials. The putty levels out slight unevennesses and fills capillary cracks. It is extremely water-resistant and scarcely shrinks. Especially recommended for the repair of osmosis damages.
Physical and chemical data
- Basis: Epoxy resin
- Colour: A-Component white; B-Component grey
- Smell: A-Component light , B-Component amine
- Form: A-Component: pasty / B-Component: pasty
- Potlife: approx. 45 min. at 15°C; approx. 15 min. at 25°C
- Working temperature: min. 12°C
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Overcoating intervals: 6 hours
New putty application at 20°C after max. 24 hours
Sandable after approx. 24 hours
The final hardness is achieved after approx. 5 days.
Increased chemical resistance and firmness is achieved by afterwards post-curing at 50°C for 24 hours.
- Flashpoint: A-Component >100°C, B-Component >100°C
- Density at 20°C: A-Component 1,8 g/cm³, B-Component 1,8 g/cm³
- Addition of hardener:
A-Component (Basis) : B-Component (Hardener)
= 2 : 1 weight parts
- Temperature resistance of the cured material: 70°C
Put only empty cans into the recycling bin. Bring cans with remainders of paint to the special refuse disposal.
- Storage stability:
24 months if proper storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%) in the closed original container. With increasing storage the harder looses slightly of effectiveness, thereby is a minimum increasing of drying time possible. Protect from direct sunlight, frost and humidity.
A-Component (Basis) 333g in tin plate can
B-Component (Hardener): 167g in tin plate can
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
- No primer necessary.
- The surface has to be clean, dry and free from wax and fat.
- Before application of the putty, abrade or prime the ground.
- Carefully remove swarf emerging from sanding.
- Putty (A-Component) and hardener (B-Component) have to be dosed exactly and mixed thoroughly.
- The mixing ration putty : hardener is 2 : 1 by weight.
- The putty can be applied up to a height of 2 cm per workstep without shrinking.
- The open working time is 1 hour at +20° C.
- Within 24 hours the repair area can be sanded.
- To optimize the adhesion, we recommend to sand the previous layer slightly before the next workstep.
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of August 24, 2010
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.