Technical Information Epoxy Resin
presto Epoxy Resin is a 2-component, solvent-free, low-viscosity, transparent resin for coating, laminating and embedding.
Examples for use:
- To repair, bond and coat porous and smooth surfaces
- To saturate fibre-reinforced coatings and moldings
- As casting compound for couplings and other hollows
- To make water-resistant coatings, e.g. water-impermeable coatings for channeling, ductwork and collect pans
- To make very firm and light GRP form parts. Together with a fibre reinforcement suitable for casings and covers in vehicle and apparatus construction and in model making.
- All works with wood
- Coating of concrete floors
- Repairs on boats, motor vehicles and other form parts
Quality and properties
- The resin cures tack-free at the surface turned towards the air.
- High firmness, very high adhesive power.
- Very water-resistant, low water absorption
- Low shrinkage during curing
- Solvent-free, therefore low unpleasant odour
- Resistant to diluted acids, diluted lyes, anorganic salt solutions, benzine and petrol, fats and oils
- Can be applied even during relatively low temperatures (min. 10°C)
Physical and chemical data
- Basis: Epoxy resin
- Colour: A-Component clear; B-Component yellow transparent
- Smell: A-Component slightly aromatic, B-Component amine
- Addition of hardener:
A-Component (Basis) : B-Component (hardener)
= 100 : 60 weight parts resp. 100:70 volume parts
- Potlife/working time: approx. 30 minutes at +20°C
Low temperatures (min. 10°C) increase the potlife and curing time.
If bigger quantities are mixed, the working time is longer due to higher generation of heat.
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Can be sanded after approx. 12 hours
The final hardness is achieved after approx. 3 – 5 days.
Increased chemical resistance and firmness is achieved by afterwards post-curing at 50°C for 24 hours.
- Working temperature: min. 20°C
- Consumption per layer: coatings in pure form approx. 250 g/m²; casting in layers up to 3 cm suitable
- Flashpoint: A-Component 135°C, B-Component >100°C
- Viscosity: A-Component approx. 1000 mPa.s; B-Component approx. 700 mPa.s; Mixing viscosity: approx. 950 mPa.s
- Specific weight: A-Component 1,15 g/cm³; B-Component 1,0 g/cm³
- Temperature resistance of the cured material: 70°C
- Compression strength: 70 N/mm²
- Tensile strength: 19 N/mm²
- Bending strength: 57 N/mm²
- Shore D-hardness: approx. 80
- Disposal: Put only empty cans into the recycling bin. Bring cans with remainders of paint to the special refuse disposal.
- Storage stability:
24 months if proper storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%) in the closed original container. With increasing storage the harder looses slightly of effectiveness, thereby is a minimum increasing of drying time possible. Protect from direct sunlight, frost and humidity.
500g: tin plate can with 312 g A-component + tin plate can with 188g B-component
1000g: tin plate can with 625 g A-component + tin plate can with 375 g B-component
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
- No primer necessary.
- Surface has to be dry.
- A- und B-Component (resin and hardener) have to be dosed exactly and mixed thoroughly in a mixing ration A : B = 100 : 60 weight parts). The yellow-transparent mixture is now ready for application.
- Apply with a brush, roller or scraper to the surface you want to treat.
- The open working time is approx. 30 min. at +18 to 25°C.
- In the most cases two layers have to be applied, in order to achieve a sufficient layer thickness of 300 – 400 µm.
- The second layer can be made within 24 hours, as long as the surface is still sticky.
- The final hardness, heat- and chemical resistance is achieved after 5 days (at +20°C).
- Do not return remains of mixed material into the can!
- Increased chemical resistance and firmness will be achieved by afterwards post-curing at 50°C for 24 hours.
- As binder to produce epoxy plaster you have to mix it in a ratio of approx. 1:7 weight parts (resp. 1:3 volume parts) with quartz sand or quartz powder.
- If laminating, the quantity of resin corresponds to the triple weight of glass if you use glass fibre mat, the single weight of glass if you use glass fibre tissue.
|presto Epoxyharz 1000g||1 KG||600593|
|presto Epoxyharz 500g||500 g||600579|
* no color identification possible
The presentation of colors may deviate from the original color.
For printing of the order information please press "printing preview/further products".
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of January 31, 2013
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.