Technical Information Exhaust Repair Paste
presto Exhaust Repair Paste is a putty-like paste for the repair of holes, creacks and other perforations in exhaust systems.
For the sealing of joints in the field of exhaust systems we recommend the presto Exhaust Assembly Paste.
Quality and properties
- Putty-like paste on alkali silicate basis
- Closes perforations in exhaust systems
- Durable, quick and absolutely airtight repair
Physical and chemical data
- Basis: alcali silicate
- Consistency: pasty
- Colour: dark-grey
- Smell: nearly without odour
- Temperature resistance: up to approx. 700°C
- Processing temperature:
+5°C - +30°C, best results during room temperature
- ph-value: 9.8
- Density at 20°C: 1.68 kg/dm³ ± 0.02 kg/dm³
- Solid content: 71 ± 1 %
- Storage stability:
12 months if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
200 g can; also available as set with 200 g including glass-fibre bandage
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
- Remove dust and dirt with a wire brush.
- Start the engine to heat up theexhaust pipe.
- Wet the damaged area slightly.
- Form and flatten the repair paste with wet hands and cover the repair spot overlapping the damaged area.
- Smooth and straighten the edges of the repair spot.
- For accelerated drying run engine in neutral gear with low rotation speed until the paste hydrates.
- If necessary, make the Exhaust-repair paste soft by adding a little water.
- Package contains a special tissue to bridge bigger damages. Cut tissue to size of the damaged area and lay it into the paste.
|presto Auspuff-Rep Paste 200g||200 g||603147|
* no color identification possible
The presentation of colors may deviate from the original color.
For printing of the order information please press "printing preview/further products".
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of August 24, 2010
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.