Technical Informationen Aluminium Spray
presto Aluminium Spray contains 99.5%-pure aluminum (DIN 1712).
For the corrosion-protective treatment of tail pipes, protective coatings on exhaust systems, heat pipes in tiled stoves, heat-loaded stovepipes in workshops etc.
Quality and properties
- 99,5 % durable, pure aluminium according to DIN 1712
- High-heat-resistant up to 600°C
- Protects from corrosion and weathering influences
- Suitable for misc. surfaces, such as iron, cast iron,
stainless steel; the compatibility on aluminium and
non-ferrous metals has to be tested before at an
- After tempering resistant to dilluted cleansers
- Silver metallic, satin glossy; slight decline of gloss after
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: Silicone resin
- Colour: silver-metallic
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc.
to DIN 67530): not measurable, metallic
Depending on consistence and color of the ground:
400 ml are sufficient for approx. 1.5 m²
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after approx. 10 minutes
Cured: after approx. 1 hour
Then tempering to 160°C in order to cure the
lacquer coat. The drying time depends on surrounding
temperature, air humidity and thickness of the
- Temperature resistance: up to 600°C
- Storage stability:
10 years if appropriate storage provided
(=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
aerosol can, maximum nominal volume 400 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
The most presto spray paints have a so-called no-spray ring or a tamper-proof cap. This is to avoid unauthorized use. Please see the corresponding advises on the cap or on the label.
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the labels!
- Remove residues of old paint and rust.
- Slightly sand.
- The surface has to be possibly blank to the metal, clean, dry and fat-free.
- Shake can for 3 minutes before use.
- Spray from a distance of approx. 25 cm Abstand several thin coats:
- Layer thickness approx. 20-30 μ
- The thinner the layer, the better the temperature-resistance.
- After approx. 1 hour drying time, heat up for approx. 30 minutes (160°C) in order to cure the lacquer coat. Hereby you have to reckon with formation of smoke and unpleasant odour. Care for sufficient ventilation.
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist. When painting small areas it is recommended that a piece of card is used as a mask, with a hole cut in it slightly larger than the area to be sprayed. The mask should be held 1 to 2 cm from the surface. With this method, the mainly part of the spray mist is brought under control. It recommends to mask parts not to be lacquered, to protect the surrounding against the spray mist.
The aerosol can should have room temperature.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
|presto Aluminium Spray 400||400 ml||307137|
* no color identification possible
The presentation of colors may deviate from the original color.
For printing of the order information please press "printing preview/further products".
Examples for use
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
Stand: 21. November 2011
Mit dieser Version werden alle evtl. früher erschienenen Versionen ungültig.