Technical Information Polyester Resin
presto Polyester Resin is an elastic, very reactive unsaturated polyester resin, which can be applied on nearly any surface, especially in combination with fibreglass tissue and fibreglass matt to brigde bigger holes, perforations from corrosions and damaged areas. Very good applicable on metal, wood and concrete, in the car sector, in the household, mould and model building, in the garden (spray-fiber manufactured ponds) and in other industrial sectors, for example for leaking conductions and ductwork, tanks, boats etc.
If you intend to paint afterwards, we recommend to apply presto Body Filler or presto Filler after the use of the resin.
Physical and chemical data
- Basis: unsaturated, elastified polyester resin
- Colour: honey-coloured
- Smell: styrol
- Consistence: soft, thixotropic
- Pot life / Working time at 20°C: approx. 10 minutes
- Working temperature: min. 12°C
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
can be sanded after approx. 40 minutes
- Flash point:
approx. 33°C (resin); not applicable for hardener
- Density at 20°C:
resin 1.2 g/cm³
hardener 1.15 g/cm³
- Addition of hardener: 2 - 4 % (optimal mixture 2,5 %)
- Temperature resistance of the cured material: 120°C
- Storage stability:
24 months if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%) in the unopened original container. Protect from direct sunlight, frost and humidity.
small ring tins; hardener: plastic tubes
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
- The object you wish to repair should be de-rusted, clean, dry, fat-free and sanded.
- Cut the glassfibre tissue depending on size of damaged area, calculate a sufficient overlapping.
- Take the requested portion of putty compound out of the can and mix it well with the corresponding quantity of hardener, then go on as following:
- Brush some resin on the prepared surface and put the fibreglass material on this spot.
- Press it with the help of a brush evenly onto the repair spot, starting at the edge, then soak it again with polyester resin. The glassfibre may have no air inclusions.
- As last layer you should apply and soak glassfibre fleece as a suitable coat for subsequent repair work. It is possible to proceed with several layers.
- If you wish to lacquer the surface, we recommend to go on with prestolith plastic Body Filler or with prestoflex Fine Filler. The surface of the polyester resin remains sticky and thus works as optimal adhesion promoter. If desired, you can wash off this sticky surface with nitro thinner.
- Clean tools immediately after use, if necessary with a nitro thinner.
- Do not return mixed material into the can.
- After approx. 40 minutes the repaired spot can be drilled, sanded, sawed, rasped and painted.
|presto Polye.harz AY 1000g + H||1 KG||501845|
|presto Polyes.harz AY 250g + H||250 g||501838|
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of September 16, 2010
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.