Technical Information Light Filler
presto Light Filler "styrene-free" has, due to the use of novel fillers, a density lower than 1 kg / dm³. That means, that the weight of the Light Filler is only half as high as conventional fillers. Therefore you can use it on objects, which shall not be loaded with high weight.
- car bodies, even made of plastic
- re-working of weld seams and folds
- in boat building, during repair of boats and surfbaords
- in model making or
- to repair powder coatings
For preparation and finishing your filling job, we recommend our presto sand papers. We offer a wide assortment of fine and coarse papers for dry and wet sanding.
Quality and properties
- Composition of highly-reactive, unsaturated polyester resin with a combination of mineral and synthetic fillers
- Special elasticity allows the use on objects which are exposed e.g. to high fricton or vibrations, even during low temperatures
- The contents of 420g corresponds to a volume of 500ml
- Results in a very smooth surface
- Ease of working
- Easy to sand
- Very good adhesion
- Free of asbestos and silicone
- Resistant to weak acids and bases, propellants, solvents, water and de-icing salt
Physical and chemical data
- Basis: polyester resin with mineral and synthetic fillers
- Colour: white
- Smell: characteristic
- Consistence: soft, thixotropic, pasty
- Pot life / Working time at 20°C: approx. 8 - 9 minutes
- Working temperature: min. 12°C
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
can be sanded after approx. 40 minutes
- Flash point:
approx. 33°C (resin); not applicable for hardener
- Density at 20°C:
putty 0.85 g/cm³
hardener 1.15 g/cm³
- Addition of hardener: 2 - 4 % (optimal mixture 2,5 %)
- Temperature resistance of the cured material: 180°C, short-term up to 200°C
- Storage stability:
18 months if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%) in the unopened original container. Protect from direct sunlight, frost and humidity.
small ring tins; hardener: plastic tubes
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
- The object you wish to repair should be de-rusted, clean, dry, fat-free and sanded.
- As a primer before and after filling we recommend the presto epoxy primer (please note the drying time).
- Take the requested portion of putty compound out of the can and mix it well with the corresponding quantity of hardener.
- Apply the mixed material in the desired layer thickness.
- Clean tools immediately after use, if necessary with a nitro thinner.
- Do not return mixed material into the can.
- After approx. 40 minutes the repaired spot can be drilled, sanded, sawed, rasped and painted.
|presto SF Leichtspachtel 125g||125 g||443718|
|presto SF Leichtspachtel 420g||420 g||443725|
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of March 8, 2016
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.