Technical Information Brake Cleaner
presto Brake Cleaner is suited for removing oil, grease, dirt, brake fluid from brake drums, pads, discs, lines, cylinders and clutch parts.
It prevents brakes from squeaking and cleans engines, machines and other parts thoroughly without leaving a residue.
Removes even acids.
Quality and properties
- High solvent power
- Leaves no residue
- Safe for use on o-rings and brake hoses
- Special chemical composition
- Powerful degreaser; blocks infiltration of water
- Mechanical cleaning via concentrated spray jet
- Contains no chlorinated hydrocarbons
- Dries quickly leaving no residue
- Non corrosive
- Non conductive
- Powerful, directed jet spray
- TRG 300 compliant
Physical and chemical data
- Basis: Aliphatic Hydrocarbons
- Colour: transparent
- Smell: characteristic
- Relative density at 20°C: 0.70 g/ml
- Yield: 4.11 g/sec.
- Vapour pressure at 20°C: 5.5 - 6.5 bar
- Refractive index at 20°C: 1.398
- Propellant: carbon dioxide, propane/butane
- Storage stability:
10 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
aerosol can, maximum nominal volume 500 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
- Bring the can to room temperature.
- Operating temperature 5° to 30°C.
- Cover coated or plastic parts.
- Shake for 2 minutes before use.
- Spray surface evenly until the dirt has disappeared.
- Use a brush on stubborn dirt.
- Turn off live parts and electrical equipment before application and turn on ca. 15 minutes after (brake cleaner contains flammable solvents).
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
|Bremsenreiniger 500ml||500 ml||306185|
* no color identification possible
The presentation of colors may deviate from the original color.
For printing of the order information please press "printing preview/further products".
Examples for use
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of July 30, 2014
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.