Technical Information Chain Spray
presto Chain Spray provides a unique combination for long-lasting lubrication for all chain-driven means of transportation and equipment. The lubricant is very adhesive and is therefore suitable for fast moving and heavy-duty chains such as the one in (cross) engines. In addition it is dilatant (opposite to thixotropic) and therefore prevents the oil dripping from the chain even when moving at high speed.
For use on:
For all types of chain drives such as bicycles, motorbikes, mopeds, farm machines, in ships, car repair workshops or maintenance workshops.
Quality and properties
- Very low friction coefficiency
- O-ring safe
- Prevents the wear and clamping of chains
- Transparent lubricant
- Very stabile and adhesive
- Oil with grease properties
- Prolongs chain life
- Excellent mechanical and thermo stability
- High pressure resistant
- Saltwater proof
- Resistant to effects of weather
- Resistant to weak acids and lyres
- Excellent adhesion
- Dirt repellent
- Directed jet spray
- This product has a special cap containing a tube and a spray head which can be used to reach tricky places
- TRG 300 compliant
Physical and chemical data
- Basis: mineral oil
- Colour: transparent yellow
- Smell: characteristic
- Relative density at 20°C: 0.844 g/ml
- Yield: 2.0 g/sec.
- Vapour pressure at 20°C: 3 - 4 bar
- 4 Ball EP-test (AS TM D 2596): 3430 N
- Temperature resistance: -50°C to +200°C
- pH-value: neutral
- Storage stability:
10 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
aerosol can, maximum nominal volume 400 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
- Bring can to room temperature.
- Operating temperature 5° to 30°C.
- Shake for 2 minutes before use.
- We recommend cleaning the chain with MoTip degreaser.
- Spray chain spray evenly onto chain.
- Has a foamy appearance in the beginning stages when the product can penetrate deep into the treated chain.
- Works like oil, but has the properties of grease.
- Optimum lubrication occurs once the solvent has evaporated (ca. 5 minutes).
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
|Kettenspray 400ml||400 ml||306390|
* no color identification possible
The presentation of colors may deviate from the original color.
For printing of the order information please press "printing preview/further products".
Examples for use
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of April 4, 2011
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.