Technical Information Sealing Compound
DUPLI-COLOR Sealing Compound (water-tight) is a permanent elastic, fiber-reinforced, light grey sealant. It is suitable for the repair of damaged gaps, fissures and holes in the entire scope of roofs, e.g. chimneys, drain pipes, roof-lights, skylights, rain pipes etcl
Not suitable to permanent load with water (e.g. ponds or fountains).
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: Modified acrylic resins
- Colour: light grey
- Consistency: paste-like
750 ml are sufficient for approx. 0.4 m²
- Drying time (at 20°C, 65% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after approx. 3 hours
Dry to touch: after approx. 2 days
Coatable: after 8 days
Fully dry: after approx. 14 days
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and absorpitivity of the ground. Excessive layer thickness and missing air movement can delay the drying process.
- Storage stability:
2 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%) in the unopened original container.
Do not store below 5°C
- Size: metal tins 750 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Only for DE: In order to ensure a high reuse and recycling rate, the legislator requires, in accordance with §15 - VerpackG, Paragraph 1, the return of transport, sales or outer packaging, alternatively, however, deviating agreements can also be made.
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
Preparation of the ground:
- Remove food during the working and drying time from the concerned rooms.
- Possible subsoils: tar, bitumen, weldet asphalt sheeting, tar paper, fiber cement, rigid PVC, aluminium, zinc, copper, lead, stone, concrete, roof slates, shingles.
- Ground has to be bearing, dry, clean and free from dust and fat.
- Remove loose parts.
- Clean aluminium, zinc and copper with a cleaner customary in the trade.
- Clean all smooth grounds, such as rigid PVC and metals with a customary universal cleaner.
Surface coating system:
- Apply 1 - 2 times DUPLI-COLOR sealing compound undiluted approx. 2 mm thick with a brush.
- In general there is a non-recurring application sufficient. In extreme cases there can be applied a second layer after 8 days.
- For a coloured design it can be recoated with common, water-based arylic laquers.
- Working temperature: during the whole working and drying time the temperature of the material, substrate and air is min. 8°C and max. 30°C. In cases of urgency the material can be used during rain and frost up to +5°C.
- The use in underwater environments or against pressing water is not possible.
- Take care with plastics, the can be etched.
- Do not use on polystyrene.
- We recommend tests in case of unknown substrates.
|Dichtungsmasse wasserdicht 750||750 ml||484704|
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of March 22, 2018
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.