Technical Information Terracotta Spray
DUPLI-COLOR Terracotta Effect is a quick-drying acrylic lacquer with a special, rough surface texture to produce Terracotta-similar effects.
Suitable for nearly every surface, e.g. metal, wood, glass, stone, ceramics, carton and many coatable hard plastics.
On plastics always use DUPLI-COLOR Plastic Primer art.no. 557163 as adhesion promoter.
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: Nitro-combi
- Colour: diverse
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
satin matt, not measurable due to rough texture
Depending on consistence and color of the ground:
150 ml are sufficient for approx. 0.3 - 0.5 m²
400 ml are sufficient for approx. 0.8 - 1.2 m²
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after approx. 10 minutes
Dry to touch: after approx. 50 minutes
Cured: after approx. 3 hours
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and thickness of the applied coat.
- Temperature-resistant: up to 80°C
- Storage stability:
10 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
- Size: aerosol cans with maximum nominal volume of 150 ml resp. 400 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally sound: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Only the completely emptied cans should be put into the recycling skip or appropriate container for reclaimable refuse. Cans which are not empty should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Marking/Labelling: All products made by MOTIP DUPLI comply with the actual labelling regulations according to Preparation Guideline 1999/45/EG. All aerosols correspond to TRGS 200 and TRG 300 as well as to aerosol guideline 75/324/EWG in the actually valid version.
The most DUPLI-COLOR spray paints have a so-called no-spray ring or a tamper-proof cap. This is to avoid unauthorized use. Please see the corresponding advises on the cap or on the label.
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
Preparation of the ground:
- Clean underground from dirt and fat.
- Derust metals.
- On plastic parts always use DUPLI-COLOR Plastic Primer; on other surfaces use DUPLI-COLOR Primer or Universal Primer.
- Fill and sand uneven surfaces. Let dry.
- The surface has to be clean, dry and free from fat.
- Mask off areas not to be painted.
- Before use, shake the can vigorously for 3 minutes.
- Test spray to check colour-matching and compatibility.
- Spray several thin coats in 3 - 5 minute intervals.
- Spray from a distance of approx. 25 cm.
- Terracotta Effect can be re-coated with any DUPLI-COLOR spray paint. Depending on thicknes of the applied coat, the intensity of the achieved structure can degrease.
- Do not spray over synthetic paints!
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of January 7, 2010
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.