Technical Information Sealer
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: Alkyd resin
- Colour: transparent
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
satin gloss or matt
per 250 ml can: 3 m²
per 750 ml can: 9 m²
- Drying time (at 20°C, 65% relative air humidity):
Coatable: after 12 hours
Walk-on-able: after 24 hours
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and absorpitivity of the wooden ground.
- Best working temperature and object temperature:
10 - 25°C
- Cleaning of tools: immediately after use with a synthetic thinner
- Storage stability:
5 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%) in the unopened original container.
Do not store below 5°C
- Size: metal tins 250 ml and 750 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally sound: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Only the completely emptied cans should be put into the recycling skip or appropriate container for reclaimable refuse. Cans which are not empty should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Marking/Labelling: All products made by MOTIP DUPLI comply with the actual labelling regulations according to Preparation Guideline 1999/45/EG. All aerosols correspond to TRGS 200 and TRG 300 as well as to aerosol guideline 75/324/EWG in the actually valid version.
Preparation of the ground:
- The surface has to be bearing, dry, clean and free from fat and rust.
- 2 paint coats in 4 hours intervals.
- Between the coats we recommend to sand with a fine grain.
- Can be diluted with max. 5 % synthetic thinner.
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of February 19, 2018
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.