Technical Information Effect Gold/Chrome
High-gloss effect spray, which gives a long-term look similar to polished gold resp. chrome to smooth surfaces. Suitable for all smooth surfaces like metal, wood, glass and many coatable plastics.
Absorbant surface should be primed with DUPLI-COLOR Primer, e.g. art.no. 191268 before applicaton of DUPLI-COLOR Effect Spray.
Quality and properties
- High-grade acrylic quality
- Resistant to water and common houshold cleansers.
- Not weather-resistant
- Not resistant to wiping, therefore not suitable to spray on objects for daily use
- Effect of gloss can change by intense rubbing or wiping.
- Colour of contents similar to cap
- Very good coverage
- Very high gloss
- Excellent adhesion
- Good flow, smooth surface
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: Acrylate co-polymeres
- Colour: gold resp. chrome
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
not measurable, >100
Depending on consistence and colour of the ground:
400 ml are sufficient for approx. 1.2 m²
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after approx. 10 minutes
Dry to touch: after approx. 60 minutes
Cured: after approx. 24 hours
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and thickness of the applied coat.
- Temperature-resistant: up to 80°C
- Storage stability:
10 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
- Size: aerosol cans, maximum nominal volume 400 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally sound: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Only the completely emptied cans should be put into the recycling skip or appropriate container for reclaimable refuse. Cans which are not empty should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Marking/Labelling: All products made by MOTIP DUPLI comply with the actual labelling regulations according to Preparation Guideline 1999/45/EG. All aerosols correspond to TRGS 200 and TRG 300 as well as to aerosol guideline 75/324/EWG in the actually valid version.
The most DUPLI-COLOR spray paints have a so-called no-spray ring or a tamper-proof cap. This is to avoid unauthorized use. Please see the corresponding advises on the cap or on the label.
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
- The ground has to be clean, dry and free from rust and fat.
- Absorbant surfaces have to be primed with DUPLI-COLOR Primer
- Mask off areas not to be painted.
- Before use, shake can for 3 minutes.
- Test spray at an invisible spot.
- Spray from a distance of 20 - 30 cm.
- Spray in 2 minute intervals several thin coats.
- Important: Due to technical reasons it is not possible to conserve the excellent high gloss. A coating with clear lacquer would etch the effect painting. The only possibility to renew the gloss is to apply a new coat of the effect spray.
- Do not spray over surfaces which are painted with synthetic resin lacquer!
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of: August 29, 2013
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.