Technical Information Chain Spray
presto Chain Spray provides a unique combination for long-lasting lubrication for all chain-driven means of transportation and equipment. The lubricant is very adhesive and is therefore suitable for fast moving and heavy-duty chains such as the one in (cross) engines. In addition it is dilatant (opposite to thixotropic) and therefore prevents the oil dripping from the chain even when moving at high speed.
For use on:
For all types of chain drives such as bicycles, motorbikes, mopeds, farm machines, in ships, car repair workshops or maintenance workshops.
Quality and properties
- Very low friction coefficiency
- O-ring safe
- Prevents the wear and clamping of chains
- Transparent lubricant
- Very stabile and adhesive
- Oil with grease properties
- Prolongs chain life
- Excellent mechanical and thermo stability
- High pressure resistant
- Saltwater proof
- Resistant to effects of weather
- Resistant to weak acids and lyres
- Excellent adhesion
- Dirt repellent
- Directed jet spray
- This product has a special cap containing a tube and a spray head which can be used to reach tricky places
- TRG 300 compliant
Physical and chemical data
- Basis: mineral oil
- Colour: transparent yellow
- Smell: characteristic
- Relative density at 20°C: 0.844 g/ml
- Yield: 2.0 g/sec.
- Vapour pressure at 20°C: 3 - 4 bar
- 4 Ball EP-test (AS TM D 2596): 3430 N
- Temperature resistance: -50°C to +200°C
- pH-value: neutral
- Storage stability:
10 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
aerosol can, maximum nominal volume 400 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally sound: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Only the completely emptied cans should be put into the recycling skip or appropriate container for reclaimable refuse. Cans which are not empty should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Marking/Labelling: All products made by MOTIP DUPLI comply with the actual labelling regulations according to Preparation Guideline 1999/45/EG. All aerosols correspond to TRGS 200 and TRG 300 as well as to aerosol guideline 75/324/EWG in the actually valid version.
- Bring can to room temperature.
- Operating temperature 5° to 30°C.
- Shake for 2 minutes before use.
- We recommend cleaning the chain with MoTip degreaser.
- Spray chain spray evenly onto chain.
- Has a foamy appearance in the beginning stages when the product can penetrate deep into the treated chain.
- Works like oil, but has the properties of grease.
- Optimum lubrication occurs once the solvent has evaporated (ca. 5 minutes).
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of April 4, 2011
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.